The most common theme to my day is getting to around 11.30 and being ABSOLUTELY STARVING for some lunch… It really is a nightmare because if I prep enough for lunch and dinner, I’ll get through my lunch by 12 O’Clock and then I want dinner at 4pm. Meaning I have to buy something else when I’m at drama school and I waste a load of money and it’s never as healthy as the food I can make myself. A lot of you also message me about what I snack on in between meals and although fruit and bites do fill the gap, they don’t give me enough to get through to normal meal times. That problem has just disappeared. AND IT’S SO EXCITING.
If any one hasn’t tried it, get your hands on some GO! protein porridge from Mornflake, it’s in all the supermarkets and makes your breakfast last 2 hours longer as the 14g of protein staves off your hunger so much more than standard porridge. Being me, I thought i’d take it a step further and see how much protein I could cram in to a breakfast, whilst making something delicious and different!
Thus I created a full english protein porridge brunch. And it turned out so so well, I’m chuffed to bits with it! The salty lardons bring a rich savoury taste that contrasts beautifully with the more fresh and light taste of the cherry tomatoes and spring onions. Plus throwing an extra egg in the porridge itself and another on top for good measure leaves you 38G protein in the green by the end of breakfast time. That’s nearly as much as two large scoops of most protein shakes!
50g Smoked bacon lardons (25p)
1 Egg White and 1 Egg (30p)
1 Sachet Mornflake GO! Protein Porridge (29p)
4 Cherry Tomatoes (20p)
1 Spring Onion (8p)
RECIPES – 5 Mins Prep & Cook
You’ll need a frying pan for the lardons, tomatoes, spring onions and fried egg.
1. Pop the lardons on a high heat in a frying pan. 4 minutes.
2. In the mean time. Chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters and slice up the spring onion. Then pop the 2 sachets of protein porridge into a bowl and add 360mls of water and an egg white and stir thoroughly.
3. With 2 minutes to go on the lardons, add the cherry tomatoes.
4. At the same time, pop the porridge in the microwave for 2 minutes.
5. Take out the porridge, stir in the lardons, cherry tomatoes and fresh spring onions. Pop back in for a minute.
6. At the same time. Pop an egg in the frying pan for 1 minute.
7. Take out the porridge, pop the fried egg on top and sprinkle on some chilli flakes if you want to! Enjoy!!